Leeks and Greens with Coconut Milk Ingredients
4 or 5 medium leeks, trimmed of tough ends
8 oz /250g kale
Swiss chard or cabbage (optional), tough stalks removed
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
3 garlic cloves sliced
1 tsp curry powder
1 2/3 cups coconut milk
2 oz (60 g) peanuts or cashews coarsely chopped or crushed to finish (optional)
- Cut the leeks into ½ inch slices on the diagonal. If using greens, shred into ½ inch ribbons and set aside.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat and sweat the garlic for a couple of minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
- Add the leeks and sauté for a few minutes, then add the curry powder and cook, stirring occasionally, for another couple of minutes, until the leeks are becoming tender but still have a bit of bite.
- Add the greens, if using, and sweat down for 3 minutes or so, until wilted but still slightly crunchy.
- Pour in the coconut milk and heat through, letting it bubble for just a minute. Serve at once, sprinkled with peanuts or cashews if you choose.