Roasted Corn & Lentil Salad
With Grilled Prawns in a Fresh Herb Vinaigrette
18 large prawns, thawed, deveined, and rinsed
2 cups raw corn off the cob, or frozen and thawed
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 tsp chili powder
2 Tbsp cooked black or green lentils
1 red pepper, diced
2 small cucumbers, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ red onion, finely diced
1 Tbsp canola oil, sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
4 green onions, white and light green parts only, chopped
½ cup parsley
½ cup cilantro
½ cup basil
2 garlic cloves
2 limes, zest and juice
1 Tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all vinaigrette ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Place prawns in a medium bowl. Add half of vinaigrette to cover prawns. Let marinate 1 hour in fridge.
- Stir together corn, 2 Tbsp canola oil, and chili powder on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 min., stirring halfway through.
- Add lentils, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and roasted corn in a large bowl.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush with 1 Tbsp canola oil. Cook shrimp until no longer pink, about 2 min.
- Add grilled shrimp to salad. Toss with remaining herb vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Prep Time: 40 minutes